Harold’s Cross N.S. Parent Teacher Association
Dear Parents, Grandparents and Guardians,
The 2018/19 members of the PTA committee are:
- Jessica Farnan -Chairperson
- Aidan Buckley – Co-Chair
- Ms Kehoe – Principal
- Joanne Finnegan – Treasurer
- Aoife O Kelly- Secretary
- Valerie Mercer – Class Rep Liaison
- Rhona Tweedie
- Eavan O’Connor
- Dee Donohoe
- Ben Scott
- Jack Allan
- Pauline Maguire
- Ruth Glacken
- Sarah Jane Nally
- Davy Lynch
We aim to
– Implement a programme of activities through parental/guardian involvement that will be of benefit and interest to our children.
– Provide opportunities for discussion and information around issues of common interest to parents/guardians.
– Be a channel for communication between parents/guardians and the school.
The Parent Association is the structure through which parents/guardians in a school can work together for the best possible education for their children.
The Education Act, 1998 sets down the role of the parent association.
The Parent Teacher Association works with the principal, staff and the board of management to build effective partnership of home and school.
Educational research on the involvement of parents in schools shows that children achieve higher levels when parents and teachers work together.
The Parent Teacher Association can advise the principal and Board of Management on policy issues and incidents that may require a review of school policy, e.g. Bullying, Safety, Homework, Enrolment, Behaviour problems etc.
Parent Teacher Associations can suggest and/or organise extra-curricular activities.
The Parent Teacher Association is a support for parents in the school.
The Parent Teacher Association can invite speakers to address the parents on issues which are topical or relevant.
The Parent Teacher Association is not a forum for complaint against either an individual teacher or parent.
Click here to read more about the role of the National Parents Council.