Welcome to the Harold’s Cross National School Website
Zumba , Pilates and Cardio classes for parents are all taking place in the school.Call into Elizabeth’s office for more details or email email@example.com
ZUMBA IN THE YARD IS BACK!
Join us every Friday at 8.20am with Audrey!
All students, teachers and parents are invited to join in!
Check out all the photos from December’s Christmas concert rehearsals here
We welcomed Sam Maguire to HCNS, see the photos here on our school GAA team page
Well done to all our senior athletes!
Our Video Diary of the day Harold’s Cross NS Gaelic Team won in Croke Park:
Check out the photos taken by different teachers and parents on our GAA Team page here
Top five tips from parents to get your child to school on time :
- Remind your child of the fun things that they do in school and the happy stories that they tell you about school.
- Ensure that your child goes to bed on time, use blackout blinds in the summer.
- Stick to a morning routine. Give your children morning jobs (feeding the dog, taking out the lunches) to avoid distraction
- Kids hate being rushed- give yourself and your child enough time in the morning to avoid this.
- Walking or scootering to school means that you are not stuck in traffic. It also wakes up your child and gets them ready for their busy day.
In the mornings and at collection time, PLEASE walk your bike/ scooter in the yard. For safety reasons, bikes should not be cycled in the yard.
Watch the pupils of Harold’s Cross marching for our planet on September 20th:
Healthy lunches!! Parents, please remember that we have a healthy lunch policy in this school. Please see the HSCL page for some healthy lunchbox ideas.
Helping Kids to Have a Balance when it comes to Technology
There is a very good article from Zeeko Supporting children’s online wellbeing regarding the use of technology and ensuring a balanced use of our children’s time. The article gives ideas on how to help your child have a better balance for their plugged and unplugged time. Click here to access the article.
Parents can find the updated Internet Acceptable Use Policy and the new Restraint Policy on the School Policies Page here.
Our monthly assembly award photographs are on display here